Type approved autopilot systems providing complete heading and course control for a wide range of vessels.
- 5inch colour bonded display
- Adaptive, self-learning software
- Total of 6 user modes available
- Unique WORK mode: customize the parameters to suit individual vessel needs
- Triple support of independent rudders and multiple thrusters
- 2 basic systems using the same modules: design and build to your unique requirements
- Full 2 year warranty backed by our global service network
With 6 individual scenario profiles, networking with NMEA2000 cabling, a special work mode, and triple support of independent rudders and multiple thrusters, the Simrad AP80 is a one stop shop for vessels from 20 feet to supertankers.
The AP80 offers one of the smartest autopilot solutions on the market today. It will adapt to your individual load characteristics, and wind and wave conditions, to help lower operating costs and reduce risk. The USB plug in the front makes loading and storing these settings so simple. Like the AP70, the slightly larger AP80 is totally modular in nature, so installation and operation are effortless. Both control units share common autopilot computers and accessories making them the most flexible autopilot systems available.
The ruggedized AP80 is supported by our dedicated service engineers located in over 50 ports worldwide. Captains choose Simrad's AP70 and AP80 because they work hard when you depend on them most.
The products are also HCS, HSC, Wheelmark, US Coastguard, and CCS approved depending on autopilot computer.
The AP80 integrates with 3 different full function remotes: Follow-Up Control, Non Follow-Up Control, and the Quick Stick™. Each has a 35mm x 25mm (approximately 1inch) display, are type approved, and can be desktop or panel (flush) mounted. Each remote is also backward compatible with Simrad’s AP24, AP28, NSS, NSE, and NSO.
- The FU80 (a manoeuvre controller) is a Follow Up remote which means that the rudder, when hand steering, moves to the commanded angle set by turning the knob to port or starboard.
- The NF80 (a drive controller) is a Non Follow Up remote which means that the rudder, when hand steering, moves as long as the steering lever is kept at maximum port/starboard position. It can also be used for course change when autosteering. The lever has spring return to mid-position.
- The QS80 (Quick Stick controller) operates the same way as NF80 when the joystick is kept to port or starboard. When the joystick is moved forward and released, the autopilot goes into automatic mode. When the joystick is moved backwards when automatic steering is active, the autopilot goes to standby. If the joystick is moved backwards when standby, the rudder moves to mid-position. The joystick has spring return to center position.
The Simrad AP80 brings with it a range of new autopilot computers. Their main job is to receive events from the various control units and remotes on SimNet, transmit the chosen mode back to the control units, and steer the vessel according to current mode.
*products are HCS, HSC, Wheelmark, US Coastguard, and CCS approved depending on autopilot computer.
|Adjustable Backlight||10 le|
|Cable||1 Power/alarm, 1 Micro-C con.|
|Interface Connector USB||Yes|
|Course Over Ground||Yes|
|Speed Over Ground||Yes|
|Construction||Epoxy coated seawater resistant aluminum, plastic and so it becomes front and bexel|
|Product Length [mm]||252 mm|
|Product Width||144 mm \ 5.7 in|
|Product Weight||1.4 kg|
|Course Change Rotary Knob||Yes|
|Display: Backlighting Color [text]||Black and grey|