The Simrad HS80A GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) compass is designed to provide reliable heading, ROT and position information to Simrad Autopilots and the MX Series of navigation and AIS transponder systems.
- IMO Type-Approved as a primary positioning AND heading device when used with SIMRAD CDU
- Compatible with new MX610/MX612/GN70 CDU's
- Enhanced heading and positioning performance with GLONASS
- Pitch, roll and heave as standard output
- Heading accuracy Heading updates 1-20 HzDGPS Position accuracy (no SA) < 1.0m
- GPS Position accuracy (no SA) < 3.0m
- Fast start-up times
- Integrated DGPS source including WAAS, EGNOS
- Provision for external RTCM SC104 corrections
- More satellites tracking means better geometry
- NMEA 2000 interface
The Simrad HS80A GNSS compass is type-approved to the latest IMO regulations including RAIM (Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring). The HS80A delivers heading accuracy of better than 0.5° and provide sub-meter DGPS positioning accuracy. This level of accuracy is achieved in the HS80A from SBAS.
Both the HS80A has two IMO compliance certifications which is a big advantage for Simrad customers. A separate IMO compliant antenna is not required as the compasses meet both navigation and heading function approvals.
Integrated Gyro and tilt sensors deliver fast start-up times and provide heading updates during temporary loss of satellites.
The HS80A is supplied with NMEA 2000 as the standard interface, but can be used as a NMEA 0183 device with an optional cable.
|Operating Temperature||-30°C to + 70°C (-22°F to + 158°F)|
|Operating Temperature Stored||-40°C to + 85°C (-40°F to + 185°F)|
|Product Width||8.3 in / 209 mm|
|Product Height||5.8 in / 146 mm|
|Product Weight||5.4 lbs / 2.4 kg|
|Product Length [mm]||26.1 in / 663 mm|
|Humidity Range [rh]||95% non-condensing|
|Compass Safe Distance [mm]||750|
|Power Consumption||4.3 W nominal (GPS L1 + GLONASS L1)
4.6 W nominal (GPS L1 + GLONASS L1 + Beacon)
|Reverse Polarity Protection||Yes|
|Baud Rates||4800 - 38400|
|Correction I/O Protocol||RTCM v2.3 (DGPS), RTCM SC-104, L-Dif|
|Data I/O Protocol||NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000|
|Serial Ports||1 full-duplex RS232; 1 full-duplex RS422 and 1 half-duplex RS422 (Tx only)|
|Heading Fix||10s typical (valid position)|
|Rate of Turn||90°/s maximum|
|Receiver Type||GNSS L1 Compass|
|Connectors||Power/Data Connector: 18-pin, environmentally sealed|